Sunday, November 3, 2013

First And Foremost




I suppose that just because I can, I'd like to inaugurate these musings with some words on one of my most recent acquisitions, since I'm listening to it right now...
                                                      .................

In listening to Darkhaus' debut album, My Only Shelter, it's easy to just get lost in the emotion of it all. And by emotion, I don't mean whining or crying like what most people are driving towards these days, what with political correctness and trophies for everyone destroying the ability to deal with reality and worrying about saying just the right thing so as not to offend (gods forbid).  What I mean is emotion in its mature form, introspective and strong, with a glimpse into the ability to still retain the joie de vivre that gets lost over the years.

Just push play, and this album is instantly enjoyable, a shelter (ha ha), if you will, from the everyday forcefeedings of the 'popular', an excellent mix of 80's synth- pop, rock ballads and dance grooves put together by musicians who really know what they're doing and do it well, bringing the cultural influences of Scotland, Germany, Austria and the US together to create something you won't find anywhere else but on this album.

In terms of commentary, it might do to put it like this: today I received 18 new albums and this is the only one I've listened to, since I have yet to choose anything different to listen to for the last 5 hours. THAT'S how good I believe this album to be. I'm rarely wrong about these things...

Darkhaus - My Only Shelter available in the U.S. December 3, 2013 as Digital only from SPV/ Oblivion  https://www.facebook.com/DarkhausOfficial?fref=ts







No comments:

Post a Comment